The Bonita Bag aka Lasagna 2.0
Posted on November 19 2019
Where did these names come from, you might ask? Well, I’ll start with Bonita. It was our mom’s official first name, although she went by Bonnie, and we wanted to honor her memory as she was initially a breast cancer survivor, who later had it come back and ultimately passed away from it. But let’s not focus on that—my mom was a fun-loving, caring, kind, woman with a great sense of humor. She was a social worker and had a big heart. Even during her tough times she still liked to laugh and enjoy time with her family and (oh and shop and eat chocolate!). This company started because of her—we wanted to design a better product for women and it developed into our post-surgical bras, with us now focusing on the Larissa Bra (my sister’s nickname from my mom 😊).
From there we knew that women were always getting food as a way of people wanting to help, which is great, don’t get me wrong, but you can only handle and freeze so many pans of lasagna! Hence our nickname for the Bonita Bag—Lasagna 2.0. We wanted to put in practical items that women could appreciate during their recovery from surgery so we carefully selected things we felt would be best! Our bag includes-
- gift certificate for a Larissa Bra
- water bottle with a bendy straw (so you can use it while laying down!)
- mini fan that can hook to your phone
- cute pen (it has a smiley face and a stethoscope so yes, it’s cute!) and journal (great for taking notes at appointments, writing down questions, making lists, and/or doodling when you’re bored and can’t move about as you would like to)
- and how can I forget the 7 day pill box that allows you to pull out each one individually so you don’t have to lug the whole thing around!
It really does make a great gift alternative that friends/family can pitch in for a give as a group that has long term meaning and support to a loved one in need ❤
If you have questions or need more info, please feel free to contact us as we are always happy to help and be a resource as well!